NetSuite is a cloud-based ERP that was originally called NetLedger. The company was founded in 1998 and was recently acquired by Oracle in 2016.
Our staff has over 10 years experience working with NetSuite. If your company is looking for help with your NetSuite instance, we can help you. We have experience setting up configuring, customizing, and maintaining NetSuite. Contact us for more information.
IF you are looking for a new ERP, consider Acumatica. Read our selection criteria to find out why Acumatica can be the right ERP system for you.
Here is some background information on NetSuite and how it compares to Acumatica:
- Licensing: NetSuite and Acumatica are both multi-tenant cloud-based solutions. NetSuite offers a subscription-based licensing model, only. Acumatica offers subscription-based, private cloud, and perpetual licensing models.
- Sandboxes: Acumatica allows you to create local sandboxes for development at no additional cost. Within minutes, you can have an Acumatica instance installed and running on your computer, and you can easily snapshot your system settings and/or data and restore it to a sandbox as many times as you wish. NetSuite requires you to purchase sandboxes, and may limit how many times your sandbox can be refreshed.
- User Fees: NetSuite charges different fees based upon the type of user; Acumatica has no per user fees. The Acumatica pricing model allows every user in the organization to have access to the ERP, including your customers and vendors.
- Sizing Fees: Both Acumatica and NetSuite charge for higher transactional volumes, but the options are different. NetSuite has a few different tiers you can choose from. Acumatica has many different tiers and pricing options that makes it more affordable and scales appropriately as your company grows.
- Access to Data: Acumatica gives you full access to your data whenever you wish. With Acumatica, you can get a full SQL server database export of all your data, preserving the relationship structure of the data. NetSuite offers a full CSV export or API access only, making it more difficult to get full access to your data.
- APIs: NetSuite requires you to consume user licenses and/or purchase SuiteCloud Plus licenses for each simultaneous connection that you make to their API. Acumatica does not charge for API access.
- Queries: Both NetSuite and Acumatica have the ability to create user-defined queries. NetSuite calls them Saved Searches; Acumatica calls them Generic Inquiries. Acumatica has no restrictions on how many tables to you can join together to build queries. NetSuite only allows you to join one table away, which limits the queries you can create and many make it harder to get the data or aggregation you want.
- Upgrades: NetSuite controls when you upgrade. Depending on your license and tier, you have may a larger upgrade window with NetSuite, but you will upgrade twice a year for each major release. For most Acumatica editions (except Small Business), you can choose exactly when you want to upgrade. Acumatica does ask that you to stay within 1 year of the current version, which is for both the Customer's benefit and Acumatica's.
Below is a comparison grid that shows some additional information about the differences between Acumatica, Dynamics, and NetSuite: